Friday, October 2, 2009

No More Excuses

Has it really been 7 months since I last posted here? I mean is that right? Why is it that I'm always able to stay motivated, so strongly motivated... for like a day? And then it's gone. And then 2 months later, I weigh the same and I wonder where the time has gone and how come nothing has changed.

I haven't seen my trainer in almost 4 weeks. We have a tough schedule and it's hard to match up. But that doesn't mean that I can't take what he's taught me and run with it. I'm still a member of the gym. I have all of the tools right there in front of me.

Part of my problem is that I stopped using the Herbalife products, and in doing so, my energy levels have plummetted. I got busy with my dogs, with their training, I got busy with life. And I just quit. I quit everything.

On a positive note, I noticed that I am down nearly 10lbs since I last posted a weight here. That's pretty awesome. But at the same time, it's a little disappointing to discover that it's taken me 7 months to lose just 10 pounds. If I had stuck with my goals and my plan, I could be down 50lbs by now.

I'm in the beginning stages of a new competition with a few of my friends. We are putting $5 each into a weekly pool, and the person with the highest percentage lost gets the pool. It's a big deal, winning $20 a week will pay for my monthly gym membership and my Herbalife products! But I have to win to get the pool. And I have to workout and eat smart in order to win!

I made a decision today. I haven't used Herbalife products in a few months. And I can completely tell the difference. I can feel it. I don't have that awesome, unstoppable energy that the products used to give me. Which in turn makes me lazy and I dont want to workout.

I'm going shopping today. There's an incredible sale that even a shopping loather like myself can't pass up. Buy one sweater get 2 free. Buy one pair of shoes or boots, get 2 free! But I want to look sexy in a sweater! Like I used to!

So I went to one of my favorite shopping sites, VS, and pulled some of my favorite photos. I looked like this once, I can do it again! Dammit! They are my motivation now.

Understand, I don't strive to look like this. My body isn't built that way and I know that. But this is how I used to feel. When I knew I was in perfect shape and beautiful, I felt like I looked better than these women. And that's what I'm trying to get back. My own self confidence. Not these bodies. Just the confidence that comes with being in shape.









Em

No comments: